It’s the start of a new month so I wanted to take a look back at the goals I set for this year otherwise known as the 14 for 2014. Here’s the current status.
1. Lose 30 pounds in 2014. I also set a mini goal of 10 pounds off in the first quarter. That means I have 3.6 pounds to lose in the next 26 days. IN PROGRESS.
2. Exercise 5-6 times a week. My current schedule is 5 days a week and I think that’s more realistic than six so I’m revising this goal for the next report card to 4-5 times a week. At that rate, I’m a success. PASS.
3. Track Food 6 out of 7 Days. The only days I haven’t tracked the food I’ve eaten and the water I drank was during vacation (probably when I needed it the most). I’m giving myself a PASS grade.
4. Complete 6 Race Events. After the resolution run in January, I don’t have another race event until June 1st but it’s a half-marathon. I’ll get the other four events in the second half of the year. PASS.
5. Go 100% Soda-Free. I had a few sodas during the cruise but none since so this one is accomplished. PASS.
1. Start a Blog Carnival. The Carnival of Healthy Living kicked off in January and there were three editions. Unfortunately, it didn’t catch on with my peers and there were mostly spammy submissions. I’m putting it on hiatus for now. PASS.
2. Write Every Day in January. I posted 27 out of 31 days. Not 100% but over twice as many days as the previous month. I’m considering it a PASS.
3. Create an eBook. I got to get moving on this one to make my June 30th goal. IN PROGRESS.
4. Change Blog Theme. Haven’t started on this one year but the year is young. I hope to get it done by the Fitbloggin’ conference in June. IN PROGRESS.
1. Max Contribution to 401K and IRA. This goal is on track thanks to automated savings. PASS.
2. Get Showers Rebuilt. My husband and I haven’t gotten started yet. We were going to start right after vacation but had the unexpected events following his father’s passing. I hope to get it started by the end of March but it may be April. IN PROGRESS.
3. Plan Outing with Someone Quarterly. I have until the end of the month to take care of this item so will plan something soon. IN PROGRESS.
4. Read Six Books Not for Review. I’m over halfway there after our vacation last month. I read four books and enjoyed it! PASS.
5. Declutter My Home. This one has been a big fail so far. I’m supposed to have done the office in January, guest room in February and bathrooms this month. I’ll push everything back two months and commit to the office by the end of the month. FAIL.
Are you tracking your 2014 goals? If yes, how are you doing?
Khaleef @ Faithful With a Few says
It sounds like you are making great progress when it comes to your goals. Just about all of them are either in progress or pass. I’m sure you’ll get to the decluttering project once the other things die down.
Kay Lynn says
Thanks for the support, Khaleef. I also think I’ll catch up on the decluttering. It’s been a pretty busy year so far! I appreciate your support and friendship.