I have made goals the past few years instead of resolutions and it’s been successful for the most part. I meet more of them than not. I tried something different in 2014 and it’s time to look back and see how many were met to help me plan for 2015.
The main difference in 2014 was the sheer number of goals. There are 14 spread between the categories of health, blogging and personal. Typically, I review goals on the blog quarterly but that didn’t happen in 2014 and that’s a consideration I’ll take into account for next year.
Here’s my self-grades on the goals.
1. Lose 30 pounds in 2014. This just didn’t happen although I’m ending the year 10 pounds lighter than I started it. So it’s a partial success. GRADE: C-
2. Exercise 5-6 times a week. Most weeks I exercised 4-5 times and in the process found another exercise I love. Kaia Fit will be an important part of 2015. GRADE: B-
3. Track Food 6 out of 7 Days. Most of the time I achieve 100% in tracking my food intake. I go off-track (pun intended) when I’m traveling or sick. GRADE: B
4. Complete 6 Race Events. I completed four official 5K events but am now questioning why I even made this a goal. These were enough to remind me what I don’t like about them (crowds and registration fees). GRADE: B
5. Go 100% Soda-Free. I did achieve this and then back-slid the last couple of months. I don’t think I need to be 100% but have it as a occasional treat. I only drink sugar-free soda. GRADE: D
1. Start a Blog Carnival. This was a success and yet a failure. I did start the carnival but discontinued after a few because it just wasn’t gaining any traction. GRADE: A
2. Write Every Day in January. New content was posted 29 days out of 31 last January. Pretty darn good if not 100%. GRADE: B+
3. Create an eBook. This is no longer a goal and I didn’t complete it. GRADE: F
4. Change Blog Theme. I do want to update the theme but didn’t get there this year. GRADE: F
1. Max Contribution to 401K and IRA. Success with my 401K and I still have time to make IRA deposits so it’s not over yet. GRADE: B+
2. Get Showers Rebuilt. We are terrible about making home projects happen and here’s a perfect example. No progress made other than a couple of estimates. GRADE: F
3. Plan Outing with Someone Quarterly. I did have outings with others at least quarterly but it tended to be the same someone (you know who you are). For that reason, it’s not a A. GRADE: C
4. Read Six Books Not for Review. I’m thrilled to report I crushed this goal. I read at least twice this number strictly for pleasure. GRADE: A+
5. Declutter My Home. Well, I’m regularly donating items that no longer fit (in a good way) or we don’t need but I still have closets that need a deep declutter effort so this is not a success. GRADE: D
I think there were too many goals for me to stay focused and plan to switch it up for next year. How did you do with your 2014 goals or resolutions?