Last year I wasn’t as continually focused on my goals throughout the year as I would like. So in 2015 I decided to make monthly goals instead of big yearly ones. It’s time to see how I did last month and set some new ones.
January 2015 Goals
1. Lose 4 pounds – As I feared I had a slight gain the first week due to starting back exercising with Kaia Fit. I had a net loss of 2.8 for the month. I’m happy with that even though it wasn’t my goal.
2. Break the Sugar Addiction – I haven’t been checking labels since I started the Nutrisystem D program. I have cut the sugar addiction though. When I do eat more than in the plan, it’s usually a protein like cheese. Since we don’t buy any sugar-laden foods, it’s not an issue at this point.
3. Read 1 Book. I crushed this goal by reading three books for the month. Yay!
4. Track Food Daily. Although I gave myself a 90% completion as having met the goal, I tracked every day in January. Success!
5. Be Thankful. My gratitude journaling with the Happy App fizzled out. One problem was the feature to remind me to enter something daily didn’t work. I did this 2/3 of the month so it’s a partial success.
February 2015 Goals
Here’s what I’ll focus on this month.
1. Lose 3 Pounds. – I’m going to work at losing three pounds this month. That will bring me very close to the 50 pound mark.
2. Declutter 2 closets. – My husband and I have already decided to clean out the office closet this coming weekend and we’ll get to the guest bedroom later in the month.
3. Track Food Daily. Again, I’ll leave room for some forgetfulness. My goal is to track 26 out of 28 days.
4. Read 1/2 Book. My FitBloggin’ secret Santa, Brooklyn FitChick, gave me the Steve Jobs biography I’ve been wanting to read since it was first published. It’s a BIG book and February is a short month so my goal is to read 1/2 of it this month.
5. More Walks. Once BRIK ends on Friday next week, I’ll have an extra day free to walk.
I’ll be back next month with an update. How are you doing with your 2015 goals/resolutions?
Leave a Reply