As a eMeals Connect blogger I am thrilled to announce today is the launch of the new eMeals heart-healthy plan. It’s designed for people who have or are at risk for heart disease, have elevated cholesterol, high blood pressure or just want to follow a heart-healthy diet.
The plan includes American Heart Association (AHA) compliant nutritional information and each week’s menu includes:
- Seven heart-healthy entrées with side dishes focusing on fruits and vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy, poultry, fish and heart-healthy oils like olive and canola
- Calories plus grams of total fat, saturated fat, sodium, carbohydrate, fiber and protein for each entrée and side dish including four meals with 50-60 grams of carbohydrate and three with 30-40 grams of carbohydrate
- Prep and cook times for each meal
- A once-a-week shopping list arranged by grocery aisle and usable at any grocery store
Total saturated fat in each meal is limited to 4.5 grams, while sodium is limited to 800 mg per meal with the help of lower-sodium and unsalted canned goods as well as by limiting processed foods and using salt-free seasoning options.
You can get this plan or any of the 15 other menu plans at eMeals.com with the option of family size or for 1-2 people. Here’s one of the recipes from this new plan to get you started.
- 6 (4-oz) salmon fillets
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp chopped fresh or dried rosemary
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place salmon, skin side down, on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with pepper.
- Stir together mustard, honey and rosemary; brush over fillets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.
Calories: 170; Total Fat: 5 g; Sat Fat: 1 g; Sodium: 210 mg; Total Carb: 7 g; Fiber: 0 g; Protein: 23 g