Weight Watchers is offering a new charm for members that attend 8 out of 10 meetings during the last two months of the year. It will be hard for me to make them all due to holiday travel but to be honest, it’s a big motivator. It worked this summer and I ended up at a meeting in Savannah, GA!
Bring on the bling!
Being a Fitness Sneak
Saturday, I missed the actual meeting part due to the Fit Foodie 5K but did check-in. The weekly reader (remember those from elementary school) has ideas for how to sneak exercise into your busy schedule especially during the holidays.
It’s important not to let it fall by the wayside because it’s a great stress-reliever and can burn off any extra calories we may be eating or drinking. Here are some ideas:
- Park far away from the mall when doing that holiday shopping (at our mall; you won’t have a choice!)
- Do a balance exercise while standing in the checkout line (stand one leg to strengthen legs and core; alternate)
- Use a basket instead of a cart for arm strength; again remember to alternate
- Walk whenver possible (to lunch, co-workers desk, etc.)
- Keep mat in office and do body weight exercises whenever you have a minute or more between meetings (I have the mat; now need to do the exercises)
I had a fairly good week food-wise. Tracked 7 out of 7 days on MyFitnessPal. (If you want to be friends my user name is Akeka.) Last weekend we ate at Mimi’s Cafe for Sunday breakfast. I ordered the mini waffles with sugar-free syrup.
They were good but too much bacon on top so I scraped most of it off. But the meal also came with:
I ate two of the mini waffles, shared the fruit with my husband and ate a little ham with egg. The rest went home and I ended up having two more meals from it.
Later in the week we ate dinner at Souplantation.
Along with this salad I had the Chicken Pot Pie soup (no biscuit) and a gluten-free pumpkin spice muffin.
I made Kaia Fit workouts three days and boy were they intense. The AMRAP above was just one we did Friday. We also walked two days.
Given I got to the Weight Watchers office mid-day Saturday, I didn’t weigh-in. So that leaves the weight loss total at:
Tomorrow I fly to San Antonio for business. The hotel is on the Riverwalk so I’m hoping the last part of that word means I’ll get some activity. I’ll track my meal choices which helps me make better choices.
How did your week towards great health go?