I don’t remember how I came to find this breakfast casserole recipe since it was posted over two years at JL Goes Vegan but I’m glad I did. This is an adaptation and I’m sure it’ll change up a little each time I make it based on what vegetables I have on hand.
Next time I make this (which will be soon) I’ll put in the whole block of tofu to get more of the “eggy” part of the casserole in part. I think I’ll try out various spices until I find a favorite. Maybe cumin?
JL’s Vegan Breakfast Casserole
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 small stalks of celery, diced
- 2 small carrots, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 2 cups of kale, torn into small pieces
- Dash of thyme
- Dash of basil
- Dash of cumin
- 1/2 block of firm tofu
- 1/2 cup shredded vegan cheese (I used Pepper Jack almond cheese)
- 2 Tablespoons almond milk
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 375; Spray a baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
- Saute everything except the last four ingredients(tofu, cheese and almond milk) in a skillet; approximately 8-10 minutes.
- While the vegetables are sauteeing, blend the tofu, almond milk with salt and pepper to taste for about a minute.
- Mix the blended tofu and cooked vegetables together in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the cheese and then pour in the pre-greased baking dish.
- Top the casserole with the thin slices of tomato and bake for 35 minutes.
Leave a Reply