It became clear when I reviewed my 2014 goals that I needed to have more focus and find a better system for tracking progress. I thought about it and decided to make monthly goals.
This way I can add new goals throughout the year and adjust for progress.
January 2015 Goals
Here are my five goals for the month of January.
1. Lose 4 pounds – I’m a slow loser but since I haven’t been tracking for six weeks I’m hoping the first month will be more product. The challenge will be balancing that with all the strength training I’ll be doing. I tend to gain first before losing when turning fat to muscle.
2. Break the Sugar Addiction – Boy is this a problem right now! I’m not going to eat anything with more than 9 grams of sugar once I subtract fiber.
3. Read 1 Book. I have a couple of non-fiction books ready to go but the one calling my name is fiction. I love mysteries!
4. Track Food Daily. I’m allowing myself to miss two days so that’s over 90% completion. My goal for the week is to not eat any of my exercise points.
5. Be Thankful. I plan to put aside a couple of minutes a day to reflect on what I’m grateful for that day. I found a free app named “Happy App” where I record at least one thing I’m grateful for each day.
I’ll post the first week of February how I did and the goals for that month. Do you make goals or resolutions and what is your plan for 2015?