Can you believe its the last Friday of September already? I’m attending Type A Parent Conference in Atlanta this weekend. This is a nice sized conference and I’ll share more about it next week.
Here’s what is on my mind today.
1. Beaches. My week started off with a business trip in Ft. Lauderdale. Our hotel was right on the beach and I was bound and determined to enjoy it. Which explains why I was swimming (for about 10 minutes) at 7:30 in the morning. It was my only chance and I grabbed it!
2. Food Court. Dinner last night was at a mall food court. There were the usual suspects (burgers, deli sandwiches, sushi, etc.). I toured all the options and ended up getting bourbon chicken, sweet potatoes and green beans. You know there’s fiber in those sweet potatoes.
Other tasty drinks and foods this trip have been sauteed grouper, mojitos, fresh pineapple, red wine and more.
3. Beds. I’ve slept in four different places since leaving home Sunday morning. The best bed of the lot is the Westin’s heavenly bed. It’s so popular you can buy one for your home. It doesn’t beat my Tempur Pedic!
4. Workspaces. One of my blogging tribes is Generation Fabulous; a group of midlife bloggers and writers. Many of us submitted pictures of where we write. You’ll see my desk at the 2 minute and 15 second mark.
It’s always fun to get a peek into someone’s home or office.
5. Family. This is definitely a business trip as I combined a conference where I represented a vendor (day job) and another as an attendee (blogging job). However, I was able to make it personal with family visits.
In Florida I visited my son and his girlfriend. I got to see their home for the first time and we had fun eating out at a restaurant filled with older, single women (it was ladies night!). Here in Atlanta two of my blogging siblings are also attending the conference.
Family is really what’s important in life!
What is new in your life?
Helene Cohen Bludman says
Note to self: find a conference in Fort Lauderdale. Sounds lovely! Enjoy the rest of your travels.