Woo hoo! It’s Friday which means two days off to take care of a million errands. That might be a slight exaggeration but I do have three appointment scheduled on Saturday before 11 am.
Now I’m not so excited… Here’s what’s on my mind this week.
1. iPhone 5S. See that beauty in the photo above. She’s mine or will be once the back-ordered gold iPhone 5S arrives in mid-November! Yes, I ordered the 32 GB model yesterday and the delivery date is on or before November 11th.
I wish I had ordered it right away but at least I am getting $200 trade-in for my current iPhone. The one shocker is that I had to pay sales tax on the phone’s retail value of$749 instead of the Verizon cost of $299 thanks to the state of California law.
2. Fall TV. I’m so glad the season of reruns and filler shows is over and we can see some quality television again. My favorite new series at this point is Fox’s Sleepy Hollow. I was skeptical about Ichabod Crane in modern times but the show is really good. I love the relationship between police lieutenant Abbie Mills and Ichabod as they try to fight evil without the Sleepy Hollow citizens knowing about the threats.
The other new show I’m a fan of is Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. thought not as much as Sleepy Hollow. What are your favorites?
3. Cats. You might remember we adopted a second cat last Spring. Annabelle was spayed by the Shelter and still had stitches when we brought her home. Apparently, the vet missed some tissue because she is in heat and driving us crazy!
My husband woke up in the middle of the night Wednesday night convinced she was hurt due to her loud yowling. As soon as it’s over back to the vet for her to get a redo.
4. Handyman. It seems no matter who we hire for jobs around the house whether it’s painters, plumbers or handymen everything takes longer than expected and they’re not the most reliable people.
The real issue is that the work can be feast or famine so they take on too many jobs and are always juggling cusotmers. Our door to the garage (not connected to our home) is badly warped and needs replacing. We had to call our handyman twice to get him to come out, again to get the estimate he was supposed to get back us on and yet again for him to actually schedule the installation of the new door.
He was supposed to get it done last night but called and rescheduled for tonight. Hopefully, we’ll have a new door for the weekend.
5. Lighter Fries. Have you tried the new Satisfries at Burger King? This weekend, October 12th and 13th, Burger King is giving away a FREE value-size serving of their new Satisfries – no other purchase necessary!
The Satisfries have 30% less fat and 20% fewer calories than Burger King’s current fries. A small serving of BK’s Satisfries weighs in at 270 calories and 11 grams of fat vs. 340 calories and 15 grams of fat for a small serving of its classic fries.
What’s new with you this week?